Jorge Luis Borges
|Jorge Luis Borges|
|Janam||Jorge Francisco Isidoro Luis Borges Acevedo
24 August 1899
Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Maut||14 June 1986 (aged 86)
|Kaam||writer, poet, critic, librarian|
Jorge Luis Borges ( audio) (24 August 1899 – 14 June 1986) ek Argentine writer rahaa. Uske English bhasa waala des me jaada kar ke uske chhota kahani aur fictive essays khatir jaana jaawe hae. Borges ek kavi, critic, translator aur man of wisdom bhi rahaa.
Duusra websites[badlo | source ke badlo]
- Borges Center, University of Iowa: important internet resources including bibliographies, chronologies, full text articles and books, and information on the journal Variaciones Borges
- BBC Radio 4: In Our Time Archive page for edition about Borges in a series on the 'History of Ideas'. Includes link to streaming audio.
- The Modern Word: The Garden of Forking Paths. A comprehensive Web site dedicated to exploring Borges and his work, including pages that discuss writers that Borges influenced.
- Internetaleph. Fully bilingual (English/Spanish) portal dedicated to Jorge Luis Borges. Links, recent news, reading suggestions and an introduction for beginners.
- The Borgesian Cyclopaedia. "Being a Virtual Reference to the World of Jorge Luis Borges".
- Hallucinating Spaces, or the Aleph An essay from Borgesland by Susana Medina
- The Friends of Jorge Luis Borges Worldwide Society & Associates A non-Governmental and not for profit organization with four distinctive entities that aim to promote artistic and intellectual talents along with civic virtues in new generations of mankind. Borges' works ("a writer of writers" for his extensive and insightful readings) are celebrated as a thread of Ariadne to walk the labyrinths of Philosophy and Literature and all fields of knowledge in quest of wisdom.
- Fundación San Telmo's Jorge Luis Borges Collection
- The Norton Lectures, delivered at Harvard University in the fall of 1967, by Jorge Luis Borges
- Borges' Bad Politics Slate.com presents an essay by Clive James arguing that Borges could have done more to engage with Argentina's political situation
- "El Tango" on audio MP3 (in Spanish)
- Rend(er)ing L.C.: Susan Daitch Meets Borges & Borges, Delacroix, Marx, Derrida, Daumier, and Other Textualized Bodies William A. Nericcio (1993); pdf full-text
- Poem of Jorge Luis Borges in Buenos Aires, Argentina, 'Fundación mítica de Buenos Aires'