|Janm kaa naam||Margaret Elizabeth Noble|
Sister Nivedita (1867–1911) ek Scots-Irish samaj sevi the jo baad mein Swami Vivekananda ke shishya bane aur Bharat ke unnati ke liye bahot kaam kiya. Swami Vivekananda ke sath Sister Nivedita ke mulakat hua 1895 saal mein London mein. Us samay Swamiji America se laut kar London mein kuch mahine ke liye thahre the. Swami Vivekananda ke sath milne ka sath sath Nivedita samajh gayi yehi woh aadmi (guru) hain jinke liye woh itne din intezar kar rahi thi. Kuch saal baad Nivedita ne ek dost ko patra mein likhi thi–:
"Suppose he had not come to London that time! Life would have been like a headless dream, for I always knew that I was waiting for something. I always said that a call would come. And it did. But if I had known more of life, I doubt whether, when the time came, I should certainly have recognised it.
Fortunately, I knew little and was spared that torture....Always I had this burning voice within, but nothing to utter. How often and often I sat down, pen in hand, to speak, and there was no speech! And now there is no end to it! As surely I am fitted to my world, so surely is my world in need of me, waiting – ready. The arrow has found its place in the bow. But if he had not come! If he had meditated, on the Himalayan peaks!...I, for one, had never been here."
Sahitya jiban[badlo | source ke badlo]
Sister Nivedita ne Bharat ke tatha Bharat ke sanskriti ke upay kayi pstak rachna ki thi, jaise
- Kali the Mother Swan Sonnenschein & Co.,. 1900.
- The Web of Indian Life W. Heinemann 1904
- Cradle Tales of Hinduism Longmans 1907
- An Indian Study of Love and Death Longmans, Green & Co.,
- The Master as I Saw Him 1910
- Select essays of Sister Nivedita. Ganesh & Co.,. 1911.
- Studies from an Eastern Home. 1913.
- Myths of the Hindus & Buddhists London : George G. Harrap & Co., 1913
- Footfalls of Indian History Longmans, Green & Co., 1915
- Religion and Dharma. Longmans, Green, and Co.,. 1915.
- Civic & national ideals.. Udbodhan Office. 1929.
Sandarbh[badlo | source ke badlo]
- Constance Jones; James D. Ryan (1 January 2007). Encyclopedia of Hinduism. Infobase Publishing. pp. 316–317. ISBN 978-0-8160-7564-5. http://books.google.com/books?id=OgMmceadQ3gC&pg=PA317. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- "Hindus want national holiday on October 13 to mark Sister Nivedita's 100th death anniversary". Hindustan Times (Highbeam). http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P3-2254149551.html. Retrieved 14 Cotober 2012.
- "The Swami and the people he knew," Sister Nivedita